Which toy is right for you?
Choosing a sex toy can feel kind of intimidating if you have never done it before. Here at Wicked Wanda’s, we always have friendly, knowledgeable staff on hand to answer your questions. You can be guaranteed that no question is considered a stupid one and we’ve probably heard it before.
Most people who are interested in buying a sex toy are doing it because they have heard about the pleasurable benefits of using them. Sex toys generally allow people to arrive at orgasm at a faster pace than manual, oral and/or penetrative vaginal/anal sex. They can be used alone or with a partner. As we age, deal with illness and sometimes disabling medical conditions, sex toys can sometimes breathe new life into a tired sex life.
There are a number of questions you can ask yourself before you think about making your purchases:
1) What part of my body do I want to get off? Clitoris? G-spot? Nipples? Anus? Prostate gland? Multiple areas? Thrusting? Cockrings?
Clit vibes: Tango
G-spot toys: HipG, Steel Fun Wand, Gigi ; Lust by Jopen
Nipples toys: Nipple suckers; nipple clamps
Anal toys (vibrating): Protouch Butt Plug, Aneros Vice Silicone Butt Plug
Anal toys (non-vibrating): Steel Fun Wand, Mood Naught Butt Plug and Aneros Helix Syn
Masturbator: Vulcan Ripe Mouth + Vibe
P-spot toys: VIBRATING: Protouch Vibrating Butt Plug, Aneros Vice Vibrating Silicone Butt Plug
DO NOT VIBRATE: Steel Fun Wand and Aneros Helix Syn
Multiple areas/dual function: Magic Banana; G-Vibe
Cockrings: Tantus Super Soft Cock Ring, Seven Creations Vibrating Cock Ring
2) What is my level of expertise with sex toys? Beginner? Intermediate? Expert?
Beginner: Maia Bullet, Mircroscopic Mini G
Intermediate: Hitachi Magic Wand, Orbito
Expert: Lelo toys; Jopen, We-Vibe
3) What kind of power/intensity do I need/want? Do I have any kinds of medical conditions that will require more or less power?
Low: Le Reve Posable Vibe
Medium: Mircrospic Mini G
High: Crisantemi Rabbit Vibe, We-Vibe Tango
Mind blown! : Hitachi Magic Wand
4) What can I afford? Keep in mind that sometimes you get exactly what you pay for. If you are looking for durable toys, look for those that are made of wood, glass, metal and 100% medical-grade silicone. Ask about the warranties. Those with shorter warranties are probably not as long-lived. If you cannot afford an expensive toy, consider throwing a condom on it to preserve its integrity, particularly if it is a jelly toy (which is made of a porous material).
Low-cost: HipG, Bullet vibe
Medium-cost: Hitachi Magic Wand; Magic Banana
High-cost: Lelo’s line of products; We Vibe’s line of products; Love Style
5) Can I use this in the shower or bath tub?
6) Do I want it to look like a penis or not?
7) Do I care whether it is powered by electricity, batteries, solar or USB ?
8) Do I live alone or with roommates/parents/others? How noisy is it?
Low-volume: Lelo, Jopen, Magic Banana, Love Style
Medium-volume: Generally most battery-operated vibes are quieter than electric ones
High-volume: Hitachi Magic Wand
9) Am I going to use with solo or with a partner?
10) Do I want something that is wearable and hands-free? Wishbone Strapless Strap-On
11) Do I prefer an eco-friendly toy? Magic Banana, Love Style Glass, Steel Fun Wand
12) Do I want to share it with a partner (or more)? If so, can it be sterilized for cleanliness? Glass dildo, steel dildo, metal butt plug; Dildos made out of 100% medical-grade silicone
13) Do I want dual function? P-spot/G-spot stimulator: Cobra, steel dildos; glass dildos; G-Vibe
14) Do I want to give my kegels a workout? Magic Banana; G-Spot Lollipop
15) Do I want to play long-distance? USB-enabled We-Vibe 4, Fuddgy
16) What would be suitable for a gift without being too personal (ie. bridal shower)? Dona Massage Candle, Shunga Massage oil
17) Does it have accessories that you can buy to change its function? Hitachi Magic Wand, Wand Essentials Tri-gasm ;Wand Essentials Rabbit Attachment; VibeRite G-Spot Attachment; Massager for Him
Original Blog Post written for Wicked Wanda's